Sunday, August 23, 2015

FRONTIER INCURSION by Leonie Rogers

Frontier Incursion

FRONTIER INCURSION by Leonie Rogers

I absolutely loved this story and read the book in almost one day. I just couldn't put it down. Even now, I'm still going through the story in my mind. That's quite an accomplishment for the author, as I read so many books, most of them I never think about again. What drew me in right from the beginning were the Starcats. I'm feline by nature and love cats, especially big cats. The symbiotic relationship between the Starcats, and their partners, put me in mind of the Dragonriders of Pern. They didn’t have the same telepathic or emotional abilities, but who knows, maybe they will, as Leonie hasn't finished with the Frontier world, or it's people yet.

The characters and the world of Frontier are well-written and very detailed, but not to the point of being boring. I felt as though I was trekking right along with the Scout Patrols as they explored new areas of Below, tracking down the invading insectoid Garsals.  And the descriptions of some of the fauna was very intense, like the Sliders and the Tornado Snake.  Very imaginative and totally believable.  I can’t wait to see what happens with Shanna, her Starcats Storm & Twister, and Patrol 10.  

If you love big cats, and richly detailed fantasy worlds, you'll love this story. I give it 5 feathers and I can't wait to read the 2nd book.



No comments:

Post a Comment