Sunday, May 24, 2015

Meet Connie Stephany and her novel SECOND CHANCES


image

Meet Connie Stephany and her novel SECOND CHANCES

Second Chances

image 
Welcome, Connie, and thanks for taking the time for this interview.  If you don’t mind, I have some questions for you.
 
How would your best friend describe you?
I believe a hand towel that I received from my friend for my 40th birthday describes it best.

“You drink too much, you swear too much and you have no morals. You are everything I wanted in a friend.”


Your most embarrassing moment in three words.
I’ll have semen.

Wait, what? I was at a lunch with the big wigs at work. The lunch specials were Sea Bas and Salmon. Everyone around us was waiting to have their orders taken, and when it came my turn, I said, “I’ll have semen.” The look on the waiter’s face was priceless. I was mortified.


What do friends/family think of your writing? Being a writer?
They are extremely supportive and excited for me! My husband is my biggest supporter. I have friends who have helped me do a book signing at a local bar where they did magic tricks. It was a total blast!
My friends have read and loved my book. Of course, fluffy romance is not for everyone. However, many have said that even their husband liked my book. I’ll take that as a compliment!


If you were casting the characters in your book for a major Hollywood Blockbuster, who would you pick?
This would be a dream!
Abby: Diana Agron
Max: Channing Tatum
Adam: Alex Pettyfer
Colleen: Zoe Deschanel
Madeline: Olivia Newton John


Favorite/Least Favorite aspect of writing and publishing?
My favorite part of writing is getting the stories that are in my head out on paper. I love to be descriptive, and write to resemble a movie playing in my head, and that is what I try to accomplish in my writing.

My least favorite aspect of writing is reading my book over and over and over again, until I cannot stand the story! I think after a while, I lose sight of what it should be, and since I’m a perfectionist, it is just never quite good enough.


Have you ever been in trouble with the police?
Well, two times actually.
Once, I got arrested for being out past curfew when I was 17 years old. Was hauled off in a paddy wagon with several of my friends, and they called my mom and dad at about 3am to come and pick me up. Imagine a phone call at 3am from the police, asking if they were my parents. What would your first thought be? My mom was angry, but not at me. She let the cops have it when she got there!

The second, we didn’t actually get caught, so I guess it doesn’t count? Let’s just say when we were 20, there was a high-speed chase with my BFF, who drove a hot pink car, and we got away. Maybe that’s why pink is my favorite color?

Thanks, Connie.  Now, give us a brief description of your book:



What’s a girl to do, when she has two hot men vying for her attention?

Abby Simon, successful baker extraordinaire, never thought she’d be in this situation, much less with two men from her past.

One is her ex-fiancĂ©; he dumped her on the day of their wedding and she has no idea why. He’s been working out, looks more handsome than ever and is finally ready to give her an explanation. The other is an old crush; boy, he was cute back then but now he was positively steamy. He wanted nothing to do with her at the time of her crush but that doesn’t seem to be the case any longer .

Now all Abby has to do is figure out which man deserves a second chance.

Piece of cake.

You can purchase Second Chances at:

Lulu: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/SecondChances_By_ConnieStephany
Amazon:
http://amzn.to/1KsUPkN
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/second-chances/id953528482?mt=11&uo=6&at=&ct=
Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/second-chances-connie-stephany/1120908559?ean=9781483421919

You can connect with Connie at:


No comments:

Post a Comment