Saturday, April 4, 2015

Meet Connie Stephany and her new short story: FOOLED AROUND & FELL IN LOVE


Connie Stephany

Meet Connie Stephany and her new short story: FOOLED AROUND & FELL IN LOVE

Fools Rush In: An April Fools Day Anthology



Tell us about your newest release:

My newest release is a short story included in an April Fool’s Day anthology with 7 other talented authors. My story, Fooled Around and Fell In Love, features two characters from my debut novel, Second Chances, which came out in December of 2014.




What is the story about?

Two best friends, Tom and Colleen, who secretly love each other, decide to get back at Tom’s mom for all of the April Fools pranks she has pulled on them in years past. Tom comes up with a great farce, where they pretend to get engaged. Little do Tom and Colleen know, the joke is still on them.

Who is the main character?

There are two main characters in this short story: Tom and Colleen.

What inspired this tale?

A friend of mine, Karan, had mentioned this anthology and I decided I wanted to give it a try. I had to come up with a good story quickly, and the theme was it had to happen on April Fool’s Day.

How did the story come to you?

I really have no idea! I knew I wanted there to be magic and I knew I wanted to write a little about Tom and Colleen. I decided to do a romantic April Fool’s joke and I think it turned out well!

Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?

Yes! I had to research magic tricks for the proposal. It was fun to find ways to have it be accomplished. A friend of mine, Peter, is the magician in the story and he actually performed the tricks in my short story.

If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?

You shouldn’t do magic and drink -- then you get sloppy and people can see your tricks!

Do you relate to your character?

Colleen reminds me of my real life BFF, Stacia. We have been friends for 25 years and I wanted give her a bit more attention than she had in my first novel.

Is your protagonist anything like you personally?

No

What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?

Colleen reminds me of my real life BFF, Stacia. We have been friends for 25 years and I wanted give her a bit more attention than she had in my first novel.

Is there anything specific you want readers to know about this piece of work?

This is my second story written, the first being a full-length novel, Second Chances. It’s one that you can feel the emotion and make you wish you could jump into the story and help them see what you see. JUST TELL EACH OTHER you love one another already, will you???

Has the book already been published?

Fools Rush In is already available and is FREE on all formats. Kindle, iTunes and Nook. There are 8 short stories in total and mine is the very last one, but they are all great reads!


Okay, time to meet Colleen, one of the main characters.

Rumor has it your best friend is a man! Tom is his name, I believe. Tell me all about it, how does it work? Friends with benefits?

Tom is one of my two best friends, Abby Simon being the other. Tom gives me the honest male opinion on things like whether or not a guy is really interested in me while Abby will tell me if my butt truly does look fat in my jeans.

Tom and I have a weekly Sunday ritual and it’s nice just to sit with him in my yoga pants and t-shirt without worrying about getting all pretty for him. He brings breakfast and coffee and I dial the phone to our favorite Thai place for dinner. It’s my favorite day of the week.

I wish Tom was my friend with benefits. He’s hot as hell and the nicest guy I’ve ever met, but he’s just not interested in me that way. We almost kissed one time but that was when we were both drunk and I think I passed out. I wanted to slap myself the next day. Luckily, neither of us said a word about it. I don’t want to lose him as my friend just because I have feelings and he doesn’t.

Do friends and family find it odd that the two of you are so close?

Tom’s mom is constantly bugging him about us just getting together. He clearly has no interest and he tells her to drop it each time.

Luckily, Tom and Abby get along great and Abby is dating Tom’s friend, Adam. It makes it fun to get together with them.

Tom’s other friends think it’s weird and ask him why he doesn’t just “hook up” with me. He usually just gives them a glare and tells them to shut the hell up.

Tell me about more about your life. Where do you work? What's your ten year plan? Are you single? Working? Have kids? PTA President or president of your own company?

I’m painfully single. Guys tend to leave me alone when we all go out together because they assume I’m with Tom. It sort of blows my chances of meeting anyone else. Tom never even looks at another girl while we're out. Makes me feel special.

I work as an ultrasound tech at a local hospital. I love my job and I’m known as the best tech out there! My goal is eventually traveling around to different hospitals and train others in identifying things in the ultrasound that we didn’t necessarily learn in our schooling. It’s been a very rewarding career. 

Any juicy tidbits to share about the goings-on at work?

Other than my ex, the hot ER doc, sleeping with every intern around? Not much.

Oh, and I guess it’s pretty juicy that the high school principal’s wife is pregnant and I over-heard her on he phone saying something about it not being her husband’s child. To be a fly on the wall for that conversation!!! It’s almost comical that people who come in for tests and procedures don’t realize people around them can hear their entire side of the conversation.

Colleen has been sipping away on a mint flavored hot chocolate since I ran into her. I just have to ask, "Colleen, how do you manage to have such a great figure and drink something full of calories? You're gorgeous! You must tell me your secrets.

Having a mint condition is just a treat I get once a week. It’s my favorite coffee treat and wish I could have one daily, but I work really hard at staying in shape. My yoga pants aren’t just for lazy Sundays! I certainly wish I could be like one of those women who eats whatever she wants, doesn’t exercise and never gains an ounce. Just not me.

I work out at the gym three times a week and walk around my 2 mile block a few times a week. I also add in swimming laps a couple times as well. 

Well, Colleen had to run off to work.  In the meantime, You can connect with Connie Stephany at:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cesstephany
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-New-Beginnings-Series-by-Connie-Stephany/343388002513736
Website: www.conniestephanybooks.com
Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/conniestephany



New! Chocolates Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment