Wednesday, October 1, 2014

LEST WE FORGET by Brian L Porter

LEST WE FORGET by Brian L Porter  

 

All I can say is WOW! I had tears in my eyes while reading these poems. So well written, I felt like I was there, in the trenches, battling in the air, just trying to survive. Such a wonderful tribute to the men and woman that gave their life’s for their countries, whether friend or foe. 

My father was a Marine during the Korean Conflict and returned a changed man. He couldn’t see the future, thinking each day was his last. And my late husband was in the Army during the Viet Nam Conflict. He had a lot of ghosts he never got over. War is such a terrible crime, perpetuated by governments that don’t care, such as ours now. 

If you’re a WWII buff, this is the perfect book for you, whether you read poems or not. I don’t normally read poetry, but I’m glad I read this book. I give it 5 feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment