Wednesday, October 1, 2014

THE HOUSE ON BLACKSTONE MOOR By Carole Gill

THE HOUSE ON BLACKSTONE MOOR  By Carole Gill 

 

About half way into reading this book, Carole asked if I would read and give an honest review for her new book, Justine: Into the Blood. I did, giving it 5 stars, a very good story. While I was reading it, I was afraid that once I returned to The House on Blackstone Moore, Justine’s and Rose’s personalities would blend. I was pleasantly surprised to find that never happened. As soon as I started reading Blackstone again, I slid right back into Rose’s character.

 Now, let’s get back to Blackstone. This is a series, which I read out of sequence. I read Unholy Testament: Full Circle first, Eco’s journal. In my review for that book, I said I couldn't connect with Rose or the children, now I do. Reading the 3rd in the series first, did give some of the plot away, but that didn’t detract from the story. I thought it helped, though I felt there were some scenes out of place once Eco popped into the picture.

 The characters are well developed, as are the settings and scenes. Carole likes to portray weak female characters, always fainting and swooning, which I can’t relate too. But that could be for the time period she likes writing in. Females were always considered the weaker of the sexes back then, yet, they always persevered.

 If you like dark Gothic, vampires, demons and satanic worship, this is your book. I give it 5 feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment