Tuesday, February 10, 2015

SAPPHYRE by Jason Komito


SAPPHYRE by Jason Komito 


Sapphyre grew up am orphan, barely existing on the harsh streets of Thorenn.  At the age of five winters, she is befriended by a young teenage thief, who takes her under his wing and teaches her how to survive, by stealing and also reading and writing.  What neither of them knows is that Sapphyre has a destiny. 

This is a very nice action, fantasy adventure with your typical good against evil.  What else is there, really?  Mr. Komito does an excellent job building the world and the different people that inhabit the planet.  It’s very believable and I could see it in my mind’s eye. 

He does a good job with his narration and dialogue, which a lot of beginning authors have trouble with.  My biggest problem with this tale is the actions of the characters while they’re talking.  He stood, he sat, he walked, etc, which made the story sound more amateurish than the rest of the writing. 

And I wish he would've fleshed out the characters more.  They are very one dimensional, I couldn't’ connect with any of them, especially the good guys.  I got the bad guys and their motives.  But the rest of them, I could care less.  I felt no empathy to any of the main characters, and there are a lot of main characters.  Since I don’t have any connection with the characters, I don’t feel compelled to read the next book in the series. 


I thought this was an average read and I give it 3 feathers.


Jewelry.com-Designer Necklaces, Pendants, Earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment