Sunday, January 11, 2015

CHEATING TO SURVIVE by Christine Ardigo

CHEATING TO SURVIVE by Christine Ardigo



To start with, this book wasn’t written to condone cheating in a marriage.  The three women actually try to talk each other out of, to them, their necessary evil.
We have three women with three different dynamic families, husbands and illicit affairs.  Heather’s ill-fated marriage was doomed from the beginning as she married out of pressure from her peers, her family and her own insecurities.  Lance is a totally self-centered man with no concerns about his wife or his children.  He only wanted a trophy wife and someone that treated him like his mother.  Please.  Grow up. 
Catherine and Victoria on the other hand, actually married out of love.  But as happens in young marriages, people grow up and change.  Usually apart.  If you don’t share any hobbies or interests while you’re dating, you surely won’t share any once you’re married.
Out of the three illicit affairs, Catherine’s was the most dangerous and evil.  But, ironically, her wrong type of affair brought about the biggest change in her self-awareness and the greatest happiness.  Victoria is my age and the type of man she meets is right up my alley.  I can only wish. 
Oh, and let’s not forget Jean, their boss.  Ardigo does such an awesome job in her portrayal of this hateful, spiteful woman.  We all know someone in the workforce that always takes credit for someone else’s ideas and work.  I did get a tad confused though, when Heather went to pick up something at her house and met Jean’s husband.  I thought that was going to go somewhere, but it didn’t.  I believe that part of the story could’ve been erased without affecting the story.
I would also like to applaud the author for using creative simile’s that related to their work as Nutritionists.  I don’t know how many readers caught those.

This is a wonderful read, and I couldn’t wait to get to the end.  I highly recommend the book and give it my 5 feathers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment