Friday, January 30, 2015

CIRCUS OF HORRORS by Carole Gill

CIRCUS OF HORRORS by Carole Gill



If you’ve read any of Ms Gill’s books before, be prepared to be shocked.  This tale is one of the darkest, twisted, sick reads I’ve read in a very long time.  Her voice in this book is totally different from anything she’s written.  It took me awhile to get into the story and characters, but once I did, it just sucked me in further and further.  I really don’t want to go into the plot or characters too much, as the enjoyment of this story is the discovery that the reader makes as Gill unfolds the evil lurking everywhere. 

Fred Dodger is totally clueless to everything going on around him, he just knows something is off and not right.  But he and his father have terrible secrets, some he’s forgotten. At the end of almost every chapter, Gill slips in little clues about what Fred isn’t seeing or acknowledging.  Quite ingenious.  All of the supporting characters from the clowns, to the midgets and Baby Alice have their own terrible, dark secrets.  You can’t help but feel sorry for them.  Then along comes Joe and everything changes.

I wasn’t too happy with the cadence of the writing at the beginning, but the characters and plot were so strong, I just had to keep reading.  I was thoroughly entertained in the most horrific way and I give this book 5 feathers.  If you love true horror, this has to be on your TBR list.



EdenFantasys

No comments:

Post a Comment