Wednesday, June 10, 2015

LINES OF SPACE by Devinder Kumar Dhiman

LINES OF SPACE by Devinder Kumar Dhiman


I've always been intrigued with the Big Bang Theory, so when I heard about this book, I had to give it a try. I'm not a math wizard; in fact, I barely passed geometry, so I was a little hesitant about reading this book as it pertains to physics and equations. YIKES! Me and equations don’t get along. But I love to challenge myself, and I'm not afraid to read something I have no clue about. I'm always willing to expand my universe. I've had to set the book aside a few times, as my brain would start spinning like the earth as it orbits the sun. Whew! All that math. But, the theme of the story kept drawing me back. I wanted to know what the Lines of Space were.

This is a quaint story of a father trying to help his son understand the basics of physics. His son asks one simple question, Why are electrons negatively charged? As the father ponders that question, he realizes the scientific community might have been wrong in their own concept of the Atom and the beginning of our Universe. So he sets out to answer that one simple question, and in the process, discovers the Lines in Space. 

The writing is a little rough, as English isn't the author's primary language, but the story is told in first person, from the Father's POV, which helped me connect with him and his family. I really enjoyed seeing a different family lifestyle through the Father's eyes. Other than all the math, I found this story very engaging and give it 4 feathers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment