Sunday, March 22, 2015

SKULLENIA by Tony Lewis


SKULLENIA by Tony Lewis



Skullenia is 3 books condensed into one.  This book contains: 


    


I’ve heard about this book from my fellow Creativia authors and they all raved at how funny these stories were.  So I was very delighted to find out they were right.  There’s a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor and I found myself laughing aloud quite a few times.  I also heard this book is being made into a movie.  And I can see why.  As I was reading, I kept thinking, these antics would be perfect on the big screen. 

I can’t say enough about how well-written and developed the characters are.  There’s Ollie (half vampire), Stitches (zombie), Flug (Frankenstein remake), Ronnie (the invisible man) and Ethan (werewolf).  There were a lot of other secondary characters, like Mrs. Ladle (witch) who was always there to save the boys.  My favorite character was Stitches.  If he wasn’t putting his foot in his mouth, literally, then he was always in some type of predicament where body parts were falling off.  He must have one big spool of thread. 

I really enjoyed the first two stories, Wherewolf and Cup and Sorcery.  They were fun and original and I would give them each 5 feathers.  By the third book however, Wuthering Frights, I was starting to get extremely tired and bored of Tony Lewis’ interjecting narrations between the scenes.  I know they were meant to be funny, but I found them a trifle overbearing and distracting from the plot.  He would go on, sometimes for a whole page, on a different tangent than the story.  He used this type of narration in the first two books, but they were limited to a few sentences sprinkled here and there and actually added humor to the plot.  I would give the third book 4 feathers.

If you’re looking for a fun, original, laugh-out-loud monster story, then you must read this book.  I give it 5 feathers.


Gold Medal Wine Coupon

No comments:

Post a Comment