Saturday, March 28, 2015

Zeecé Lugo and her Work in Progress STRONGHEART’S WOMAN


Zeecé Lugo


Zeecé Lugo and her Work in Progress STRONGHEART’S WOMAN



Strongheart’s Woman is a prequel to Daniels Fork which I previously reviewed and gave 4 feathers.  You can read my review here.  

Daniel's Fork

Since I really liked the storyline plus the characters in Daniel’s Fork, Zeecé Lugo asked me if I would beta read her current WIP.  Of course I had to say yes.  I really like the main character, Setiyah, and now I understand who she is and can’t wait to see how the story develops with Lord Evers.  I’m sure it’s going to be hot, steamy and full of conflict.  On to my interview:

Tell us about your newest release or WIP: Strongheart’s Woman

What is the story about?
It is a romance set in a post-apocalyptic world set 150 years in the future.

Who is the main character?

The main character is Setiyah, the healer. She is a Native American Woman of strong character and passionate nature.

What inspired this tale?

My imagination and love of both romance and science fiction.

How did the story come to you?

It didn’t just come. It has been unfolding and changing in my mind for years. The whole Daniel’s Fork universe, which this novel is part of, has been developing in my mind for years.

Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?

Yes, absolutely. I had to research everything from the location, climate, distances, horses, structures, foods, music, wild life, weapons, time lines, etc. But quite a bit has been left to my imagination too.

If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?

That horses are not the hardy animals that western movies have taught us they are. Those films lied, a lot. After researching horses and getting the correct information from people who breed and train horses, I had to rewrite almost every passage where I used horses.

Do you relate to your character?

Oh, yes! I found it almost impossible not to infuse her with characteristics that I find in myself.

Is your protagonist anything like you personally?

In some ways, yes. Not physically, but emotionally. I consider myself a strong woman too.

If yes, then how?

She loves nature, is spiritual rather than religious, she loves deeply and is willing to sacrifice for those she loves, and she fights back always. All those traits, I believe I have also.

What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?

She is very different from the usual heroine you find in today’s romances. I wanted that.

Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?

It predates Daniel’s Fork in its time lime; it's set ten years before that novel. But it's really meant to be read after Daniel’s Fork, although it really makes no difference.

When will the novel be available for purchase? 



First week of May, 2015 and at first, only on Amazon.com, but it will be available both as Kindle and as paperback.

Okay, now we get to meet the main character, Setiyah 

Who are you? What is your name?

Setiyah, the healer

Are you a fictional or historical character?

Fictional

What should we know about you?

Native American (Choctaw), intense, noble, strong woman

Tell us about your story:

When and where is your tale set?


Set in a post-apocalyptic world about 150 years in the future. It's really a beautiful world where technology has been lost, but humanity is thriving again. Man has survived by reverting to old ways and old forms of government. No zombies, no Mad Max warriors.

What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?

I want to see my people continue to live in peace and harmony. I want to protect the Accord that calls for the union of the Lord Strongheart and the Choctaw princess, my beloved and beautiful cousin Annasai.

What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?

My feelings for both Lord Strongheart and Annasai. At first, I hate him, but he soon wins my love, and I win his. But I am not the one destined for him. My beloved cousin, more like a sister to me, is the one he must marry as required by the treaty called the Accord. 

You can connect with Zeecé Lugo at: 

zeecelugo@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment